Theresa (Terri) Aigner
Owner, AignerGraphics Williamsburg, Virginia, US
SHORT VERSION:• Award-winning newspaper and guide publisher, lifetime photographer, professional graphic designer, fine artist and illustrator, journalist and storyteller with more than four decades of experience. • Strongly visionary, specializing in fine art photography, nature and landscape photography, travel, destination and leisure photography, storytelling photography, skylines and landmarks on US East Coast, agriculture, seascapes also a specialty. • Professional photo illustrator, combining and manipulating photographs and adding artistic touches to achieve a perfect custom image or look for book covers, magazine spreads, or other publications with unique needs. Quick turnaround, flexible schedule with ability to travel. • Award-winning illustrator and artist specializing in special event posters and fine art wildlife watercolors.
THE WHOLE BIO:
Terri Aigner, owner of AignerGraphics, has been a professional website designer and content developer, artist, graphic designer, photographer, journalist, publisher and more for more than four decades.
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, she grew up in tidewater Virginia and now resides near Williamsburg, Va. She exhibited an interest in art, writing and photography at an extremely early age and won numerous competitions in those fields as a young girl.
She began her graphics career as a freelance artist at age 16 and went on to successful positions with various newspapers and publications including the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Virginia Beach Weekly, and The Eastern Shore News before spending several years as Graphics Designer for the City of Newport News, Virginia.
Ms. Aigner officially incorporated as AignerGraphics in 1989, and founded and produced her own successful and award-winning local newspaper, the Chickahominy Journal; she also published an award-winning regional telephone directory, the New Kent-Charles City-James City Guide.
She has served as a judge for numerous art, writing and photography competitions, including the Virginia Press Association, the Virginia chapter of the International Business Communicators Assn., Virginia Forestry Association, and the State Fair of Virginia, as well as local events.
Awards and Recognition
• Ms. Aigner has received multiple First Place Awards of Excellence from the prestigious Printing Industries of Virginia Association (PIVA)
• Literature of the Year Award from the National Assn. of Industrial Parks-Western Hemisphere,
• The community newspaper she founded and published, The Chickahominy Journal, garnered twelve Virginia Press Association awards for excellence in design and quality of writing and advertising, including winning the sweepstakes in the category of composition design, in its first year of competition.
• Her Guide and Regional Directory, which she also founded and published, covering New Kent, Charles City, West Point & James City Counties, was selected as the Best Product Made in New Kent County, receiving the inaugural award from the New Kent Chamber of Commerce and Department of Economic Development.
• Her photography work is well recognized; it has appeared on catalog covers, in magazines, and sold as fine art.
• She was awarded Best in Show, along with several Best in Category ribbons at the prestigious Maymont Flower and Garden Show in Richmond, Virginia, as well as the State Fair of Virginia, among others.
• She received recognition from Gov. Robert McDonnell as Outstanding Woman Business Owner in Virginia in 2012.
• She co-designed and provided most of the interior photos and graphics for the New Kent Visitors and Commerce Center, as well as provided imagery and graphics for the Interstate 64 Welcome Center at Exit 214. She also designed the entranceway for the Atlantic Rural Exposition’s main entrance to the State Fair of Virginia, now Gate 2 at Richmond International Raceway, including landscaping and gate design.
• She is also an accomplished artist and illustrator; her paintings are owned by individual collectors around the world and also have appeared in numerous publications.
Keys to Success
AignerGraphics focuses primarily on creation of attractive, functional websites, brochures, logo design and corporate identity, as well as printing and marketing consulting.
Ms. Aigner uses her journalistic experience in interviewing and writing, along with her artistic, graphic design and photographic talents to give each client’s product or service a truly unique and attractive image. It is highly possible to ride around Virginia on any given day and see a logo on a business building, or on a product, which was created in her studio.
Ms. Aigner loves working with people to develop their talents and creations into successful, profitable businesses. The key to AignerGraphics’ success is her personal attention to each and every detail. She understands that every client is different, yet often is trying to sell a product or service for which there is stiff competition. Finding that edge, that quality that makes her client stand out among all others, is a result of taking the time to get to know her clients and their products well. She has had some clients for decades, which attests to their mutual success.
Terri Aigner co-founded a business women’s education & networking group, Female Organization of Rural Community Entrepreneurs (FORCE), formed to educate and empower female business owners to become more successful in this rural oasis between Richmond and Williamsburg.
She has also intensely studied local history and has many other interests, including archeology, camping, gardening, horseback riding, and travel. She especially treasures time with her family and friends.
Ms. Aigner has served on the boards of various community groups, including secretary of the New Kent Chamber of Commerce, as well as on local county advisory committees.
Skills & Abilities
Strong marketing, writing, content development and photography skills. Experienced in small business management, including production, marketing, billing, sales, customer service, budget and basic financial processes. Strong in communication and skilled in perceiving the client’s message and translating it into attractive, successful finished products.