Terri Aigner, owner of AignerGraphics, has been a professional artist, graphic designer, photographer, and journalist, for more than 42 years. Her company, AignerGraphics, focuses primarily on creation of attractive, functional websites, brochures, logo design and corporate identity, as well as printing and marketing consulting.
Ms. Aigner combines her artistic, documentary, and photographic talents to give each client’s product or service the advantage of a genuinely unique and attractive image. It is highly possible to ride around Virginia on any given day and see a sign or logo on a business building or product, or pick up a brochure, which was created in her studio.
Ms. Aigner truly enjoys working with people to showcase their services and products in ways that enable their success and profitability. The key to this success is her ability to understand the uniqueness of each endeavor and highlight what her client brings to the table. She understands that every person is different, yet often is trying to sell a product or service for which there is stiff competition. Finding that edge, that quality that makes her client stand out among all others, is a result of taking the time to get to know her clients and their products well. The fact that she has had some of her clients for decades attests to their mutual success.
- Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, she grew up in tidewater Virginia with a life-long love of the seaside, wildlife, and nature.
- She exhibited an interest in art, writing and photography at an extremely early age and won numerous competitions in those fields as a young girl.
- Began her graphics career as a freelance artist at age 15 and went on to successful positions with various newspapers and publications including the Richmond Times-Dispatch, Virginia Beach Weekly, and The Eastern Shore News before spending several years as Graphics Artist for the city of Newport News, Virginia.
- Incorporated as Aigner Advertising in 1989. She and her family founded and produced a successful and award-winning community newspaper, the Chickahominy Journal; she also publishes an award-winning regional guide and directory, the New Kent-Charles City Guide. Changed company name to AignerGraphics in 2005 and continues to operate a successful design business.
- Served as a judge for numerous art, writing and photography competitions for organizations including the Virginia Press Association, the Virginia chapter of the International Business Communicators Assn., Virginia Forestry Association, and the State Fair of Virginia, as well as local events.
- Received multiple first place awards of excellence from the prestigious Printing Industries of Virginia Association (PIVA);
- Awarded the inaugural Best Product in New Kent County from New Kent Chamber of Commerce
- Literature of the Year Award from the National Assn. of Industrial Parks-Western Hemisphere;
- Several firsts for National Credit Union Association member publications;
- She and her team at the Chickahominy Journal garnered twelve Virginia Press Association awards for excellence in design and quality of writing and advertising, including winning the sweepstakes in the category of composition design, in its first year of competition.
- Her photography work is well recognized; she has received Best in Show, and several Best in Category at regional and national competitions such as the popular Maymont Flower and Garden Show in Richmond, Virginia;
- Her photographs have appeared in hundreds of print publications, including several covers. Award-winning artist and illustrator; her watercolor paintings are owned by individual collectors around the world and also have appeared in numerous publications.
- Ms. Aigner also has a huge collection of stock photography, and has sold images to national brands such as Expedia and Simply Beverages.
- She is an expert in photo-retouching and restoration.
AMONG Terri Aigner's hundreds of projects:
- Founded and published the Chickahominy Journal community newspaper (sold to the Virginia Gazette in 1995);
- Created and published the New Kent-Charles City Guide & Regional Directory for nearly 20 years;
- Founded, Co-designed and provided most of the interior graphics for the New Kent Visitors and Commerce Center;
- Provided imagery and graphics for the I-64 Welcome Center at Exit 214.
- Designed an entrance to Richmond International Raceway.
- Hired by a national brand to produce photography for social media ads (Simply Lemonade)
- Designed websites for major local businesses such as Colonial Virginia Bank, Revere Gas, and many others.
- Designed various brochures for the New Kent County Department of Economic Development to promote tourism
- Designed logos for the State Fair of Virginia, Colonial Downs, Cobb Office Products, and many other clients
- Co-founded a business women’s education & networking group, Female Organization of Rural Community Entrepreneurs (FORCE).
- Served on the boards of various community groups, including secretary of the New Kent Chamber of Commerce, as well as on local county advisory committees.
- Mentored many young people over the years as they developed their skills and talents in to a profession under her guidance.
- Volunteered to assist community organizations in numerous capacities.
- President of Arrivals In Elegance Horse-Drawn Carriage Services from 2009-2015, providing horse-drawn transportation for weddings, events and parades, including Mt Vernon and the Virginia governor's Executive Mansion;
- Was personally invited to transport the Governor and First Family of Virginia each of four years in her carriage to the annual Tree Lighting at the Virginia State Capitol;
Ms. Aigner has two grown children and three grandchildren. She enjoys homesteading on her small farm in Providence Forge, Virginia, with the love of her life and her family.
She drives a 2,000 lb. North American Spotted Draft horse, Ragan, and keeps two Missouri Foxtrotters for trail riding, which she highly enjoys.
She is rarely seen without her camera, often taking pictures even while on horseback or from her kayak!
Terri also enjoys helping her family to raise as much of their own food as possible on their farm in an effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle. She spends her free time observing nature, kayaking and boating, fossil hunting, traveling, diving, camping, exploring, gardening, drawing, writing, painting, sewing, and creating. And trying to make room for more of her projects in the barn (a never-ending task!)
Most of all she enjoys spending time with family and her close friends.
We hired Terri Aigner after seeing AignerGraphics’ work with the New Kent Village website. Our current website was 12 years old and needed updating. She created a website for us using some of our photography and her photography during the New Kent Winery construction. After several meetings she developed the copy to be used in the site as well. The site serviced us well and has generated a lot of new business for us. - See more at: http://aignergraphics.com/client-testimonials/#sthash.f8CIjvST.dpuf
I have known Terri for more than 15 years. AignerGraphics has helped me with every one of my campaigns for county treasurer. I relied heavily on her expertise and advice both of which enabled my initial election and two re-election. She knows her business and I will continue to call upon her. Terri and I are also friends. She is a wonderful person who is a positive and influential member of our community. She is a great asset to any organization.
Terri Aigner had a challenging project of creating a new website that would appeal to Silicon Valley CleanTech and Industrial Biotechnology start-up companies, entrepreneurs and the venture capital community. She created a “look and feel” web design that exceeded my expectations and delivered all the essential components for me to build my brand. Terri’s outstanding creativity and web design capabilities were just what I needed to reach my target market audience in Silicon Valley. She delivered results on time at good value and it was a pleasure to work with her.
Terri Aigner of AignerGraphics has been our website designer for five years. Her artistry is very evident as you enter our site. The layout is wonderful and the enhanced color techniques are incredible. Our website positioning has increased our business four fold. Our clients continually comment on the beauty of our website. Terri has played a large part, in our continued success. Top Qualities:http://www.jasmineplantation.com